The monument to the Second Pennsylvania Cavalry Regiment is south of Gettysburg on Cemetery Ridge behind Meade's Headquarters at the Leister House.
(39.814338° N, 77.233665° W; map)
The 2nd Pensylvania Cavalry was commanded at the Battle of Gettysburg by Colonel Richard Butler Price. It brought 575 men to the field, and suffered no casualties.
From the front of the monument:
2d. Pennsylvania Cavalry
attached to Provost Guard,
The regiment held this position July 3rd
until the close of the day when it conducted
3000 prisoners to Westminster, Md. Detach-
ments served in other parts of the field
during the battle.
From the right side:
Mustered in August - October 1861.
Re-enlisted Dec. 1863 - Feb. 1864.
Consolidated with the
20th Pennsylvania Cavalry to form the
1st Provisional Pennsylvania
Cavalry, June 17th, 1865.
Mustered out July 13th, 1865.
From the left side:
Philadelphia, Lancaster, Centre,
Northampton, Crawford, Berks,
Tioga and Armstrong countries.
From the rear:
2d Bull Run
Hanover Court House
Jerusalem Plank Road
White Oak Swamp
Poplar Spring Church, Wyatt's Farm
Stoney Creek Station, Boydton Road
and other battles.